Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Apple II disk transfers have started

Man... I sure hope this effort is appreciated by someone! It's taking many hours to transfer hundreds of 5.25" floppy disks over to my Windows laptop. Doesn't help that I didn't organize some of the disks very well, especially my backups. But I've already found lots of games and utilities that don't currently exist on the Asimov FTP site. Or at least I couldn't find them there (some files aren't named very well.) I'll be uploading those as time permits. I figure if nothing else I'm preserving computer history as I may very well be the only person left who has some of these titles! I mean, who else kept a copy of Telechess? I even have original copies of Ultima III, Flight Sim II, and a few others. Not to mention lots of software I wrote myself, including a virus I coded in assembly (it was never released into the wild.)

Was also able to image over my Sider ][ HD but I can't get my BBS software to run successfully in AppleWin because it doesn't emulate a Thunderclock time card (yet). And I don't really feel like hacking the ACOS code I wrote 20 years ago.

-DC-

No comments:

Post a Comment